Housing & Case Management Supports


If you are currently homeless, living on the streets, in emergency shelter, transitional housing, fleeing domestic violence, or staying somewhere not meant for human habitation (garage, tent, car, etc.) first contact Coordinated Entry for a discussion to review your housing status and learn more about available resources.  

A Coordinated Entry provider will determine if you are eligible for any resources currently available with any participating organization, not just CAP. 

If Coordinated Entry determines that you qualify for a CAP program opening, CAP will be notified by the Coordinated Entry staff. Someone from the CAP housing department will reach out to you at the contact information you provide during your Coordinated Entry screening to enroll you in the program that best fits your needs and situation.

Who receives services from CAP Housing Programs?

Lower Columbia CAP Housing Programs provide rental assistance services to people who:

      • Are low income

      • Lack the financial resources to obtain housing

      • Live on the streets, in a car, tent, or a place not intended for human habitation or are staying in an emergency shelter or transitional housing

      • Need support to obtain immediate housing

What can I expect from CAP Housing Assistance?

CAP housing assistance clients may receive:

      • Assistance identifying vacancies for housing search

      • Financial assistance with move-in costs such as deposits, first/last months rent and utility deposits

      • Rental assistance

      • Coaching for housing stability, including help troubleshooting issues and identifying options

      • Resource navigation to help access services for stability


Housing and Essential Needs (HEN)

The Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) Program provides non-cash assistance (personal hygiene items and monthly bus passes) for recipients of state-funded Medical Care Services (MCS). To see if you qualify for HEN non-cash assistance, please contact DSHS.

HEN Rental Assistance

HEN rental assistance may be available to pay for all or a portion of rental costs, utility deposits, utility costs and moving costs.  Rental assistance openings are provided based on availability of funds. If you are approved for HEN and are homeless (living on the streets, in a car, tent, or a place not intended for human habitation or are staying in an emergency shelter or transitional housing) please contact Coordinated Entry.

Consolidated Homeless Grant (CHG)

This program offers time-limited rental assistance, support with move-in costs, and case management services and is open to a diverse population: individuals and families. If you are homeless, please contact Coordinated Entry

Young Adult Housing Program (YAHP)

This program is for young adults 18-24 years old. If you are homeless or unstably housed (where you are living isn’t safe, you are doubled up with friends or family, you are staying outside, in a car, on the streets, couch surfing, or otherwise staying on a night-by-night basis), please contact Coordinated Entry

Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH)

Permanent Supportive Housing is a 6-bed group home setting for male residents that have experienced chronic homelessness. Permanent Supportive Housing case management services support residents in achieving their stability goals and community reintegration. Program availability is dependent on house vacancies. To see if you qualify, please contact Coordinated Entry.

Home Again

Home Again is offered in partnership with Emergency Support Shelter and is focused on helping survivors of domestic violence regain permanent housing. If you are in, are leaving, or have recently left an unhealthy relationship with an intimate partner please contact Emergency Support Shelter, (360) 425-1176 for information on all services available, including Home Again. Referrals for this program are only accepted from Emergency Support Shelter through the Coordinated Entry process.

Care2Home Medical Respite Transitional Housing

This program is a 5-bed medical respite transitional home specifically for people without homes who have serious physical medical needs and is offered in partnership with Family Health Center and PeaceHealth. Residents have medical conditions that make homelessness especially dangerous and receive specialized case management to address these needs. Residents are allowed to stay in the transitional home on a temporary basis while they attend to their health recovery and housing plan. Residents receive nursing care coordination from a Family Health Center RN and intensive case management support from a CAP Housing Case Manager. Referrals to this program come from hospitals and other medical care facilities. If you are with a hospital or medical care facility and wish to make a referral, please contact Amanda Rasmussen, Program Development Director, at (360) 261-6242 or amandar@lowercolumbiacap.org. 


All CAP case management programs are open referral – anyone can seek these services for themselves or someone else. To make a referral to any CAP case management program, contact Gina Nugent, Housing Department Manager, at (360) 762-3200 or ginan@lowercolumbiacap.org.

Care Coordination – Pathways

CAP offers care coordination services to support health and stability. Services include coordinating with medical providers, assistance accessing medical insurance, addressing hunger and access to nutritional food, advocating for community resources that can support housing, mental health, educational, employment, or other stability goals. Specialized care coordination may be available for senior needs. Care Coordinators can work with all other social service providers to create a network of support around individual and household needs. Care coordination services are available to all adult Cowlitz & Wahkiakum County residents. If you or someone you know would benefit from care coordination services, please contact Gina Nugent, Housing Department Manager, at (360) 762-3200 or ginan@lowercolumbiacap.org.

Foundational Community Supports (FCS)

Foundational Community Supports (FCS) is a program with benefits for supportive housing for people with Medicaid. If you qualify, Amerigroup – Washington will work with your housing provider to help you find and maintain stable independent housing. You must qualify for Medicaid and meet the requirement for complex needs. You do not need to be an existing Amerigroup Medicaid member.

Housing – Foundational Community Supports (FCS)

CAP’s FCS-Housing program can help you find a place to live, keep your current home, move out of an institution and into the community, and find extra local services that can help with your housing needs. To refer yourself or someone else, please contact Gina Nugent, Housing Department Manager, at (360) 762-3200 or ginan@lowercolumbiacap.org.