COVID-19 RENTAL ASSISTANCE
If you are interested in COVID-19 Financial Assistance, please review the eligibility guidelines for funding:
If you think you meet the eligibility guidelines, please fill out a pre-application:
CAP staff will review your unique situation based on your pre-application. CAP will contact you to let you know if you qualify and if so, what additional documentation is needed. No se requiere cuidadanía estadounidense.
Pre-application packets are also available upon request. Please call (360) 425-3430 x 288 and leave a message with your name spelled out so that a packet can be prepared for you to pick up at the CAP building, 1526 Commerce Avenue in Longview, WA (back entrance off of 12th Avenue).
Submitting a pre-application is not a guarantee of financial assistance.
- Calls and/or messages to ask where households are at on the assistance list delays payments – there is an entire team dedicated to reviewing applications and eligibility; requests to provide list updates pulls them away from that important work.
- Returning emails, calls, and requests for documentation from CAP staff promptly helps assistance move as quickly as possible.
Affordable Rental Housing
CAP has 40 affordable rental units for income qualified families.
- Rent charged will be at the fair market rate.
- Application fee is $40.00 per person over 18 years of age.
Call us at 360-425-3430 ext 221 or 1-800-383-2101 for more information.
Self-Help Rehab/Acquisition and Owner Occupied Program
(for rural areas outside of Longview/Kelso – USDA Rural Development funded)
Qualified Borrowers are now able to purchase a home in need of repairs and fix it up with technical assistance from CAP Self-Help staff.
Qualified Home Owners can apply for a 1% interest loan for up to $20,000 to make repairs on their home. Qualified home owners 62 years or older could receive a $7,500 grant to make repairs
- Each borrower is required to work a minimum of 50 hours, on the home, during the rehab process.
- Programs are available in Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis and Wahkiakum counties.
- A credit report is required which we can run through our office (there is a charge for the report)
Key Advantages of the Program
- 100% Financing
- Equity in your home, when you move in
- Step-by-step Construction Supervision
- LOW UTILITY COSTS because homes are built to NW Washington Energy Star Code requirements.
For information and an application, call 360-425-3430 ext. 222 or 1-800-893-8311 ext. 220, and ask for Self-Help Housing.