COVID-19 RENTAL ASSISTANCE
If you’re interested in emergency rental assistance, please review the eligibility guidelines to see if you qualify:
If you think you meet the eligibility guidelines*, please fill out a pre-application:
Once you submit an Emergency Rental Assistance pre-application, CAP staff will review your unique situation and contact you to let you know if you qualify and if so, what additional documentation is needed. No se requiere cuidadanía estadounidense.
Packets are also available – to pick up a packet please visit the CAP office during business hours:
1526 Commerce Avenue
Longview, WA 98632 (please use the back entrance off of 12th Avenue)
Submitting a pre-application is not a guarantee of financial assistance.
- Calls and/or messages to ask where households are at on the assistance list delays payments – there is an entire team dedicated to reviewing applications and eligibility; requests to provide list updates pulls them away from that important work.
- Returning emails, calls, and requests for documentation from CAP staff promptly helps assistance move as quickly as possible.
*ERAP (Eviction Rent Assistance Program) 2.0 program staff or administrators may make a referral for fraud investigation to law enforcement when they become aware of facts that indicate an overpayment has occurred as a result of a client, landlord, landowner, or person authorized to accept payment’s intent to conceal or misrepresent facts to the department. Potential fraud may also be discovered outside of the process of determining what caused the household to receive incorrect benefits and will be reported equally. Those found to be willfully and knowingly participating in fraudulent activity against this program will be subject to prosecution to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Affordable Rental Housing
CAP has 40 affordable rental units for income qualified families.
- Rent charged will be at the fair market rate.
- Application fee is $40.00 per person over 18 years of age.
Call us at 360-425-3430 extension 221 or 1-800-383-2101 for more information.
Self-Help Rehab/Acquisition and Owner Occupied Program
(for rural areas outside of Longview/Kelso – USDA Rural Development funded)
Qualified Borrowers are now able to purchase a home in need of repairs and fix it up with technical assistance from CAP Self-Help staff.
Qualified Home Owners can apply for a 1% interest loan for up to $20,000 to make repairs on their home. Qualified home owners 62 years or older could receive a $7,500 grant to make repairs
- Each borrower is required to work a minimum of 50 hours, on the home, during the rehab process.
- Programs are available in Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis and Wahkiakum counties.
- A credit report is required which we can run through our office (there is a charge for the report)
Key Advantages of the Program
- 100% Financing
- Equity in your home, when you move in
- Step-by-step Construction Supervision
- LOW UTILITY COSTS because homes are built to NW Washington Energy Star Code requirements.
For information and an application, call 360-425-3430 ext. 222 or 1-800-893-8311 ext. 220, and ask for Self-Help Housing.