Affordable Rental Housing
CAP has 40 affordable rental units for income qualified families.
- Rent charged will be at the fair market rate.
- Application fee is $40.00 per person over 18 years of age.
Call us at 360-425-3430 ext 221 or 1-800-383-2101 for more information.
Self-Help Rehab/Acquisition and Owner Occupied Program
(for rural areas outside of Longview/Kelso – USDA Rural Development funded)
Qualified Borrowers are now able to purchase a home in need of repairs and fix it up with technical assistance from CAP Self-Help staff.
Qualified Home Owners can apply for a 1% interest loan for up to $20,000 to make repairs on their home. Qualified home owners 62 years or older could receive a $7,500 grant to make repairs
- Each borrower is required to work a minimum of 50 hours, on the home, during the rehab process.
- Programs are available in Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis and Wahkiakum counties.
- A credit report is required which we can run through our office (there is a charge for the report)
Key Advantages of the Program
- 100% Financing
- Equity in your home, when you move in
- Step-by-step Construction Supervision
- LOW UTILITY COSTS because homes are built to NW Washington Energy Star Code requirements.
For information and an application, call 360-425-3430 ext. 222 or 1-800-893-8311 ext. 220, and ask for Self-Help Housing.